Green Procurement Policy
As testament to Environmental improvements, Battery Service Hub is committed to certification under ISO 14001. The company has created Environmental Systems and works to continually improve its services in line with these systems.
Although control of our internal systems is important, we also recognise that our suppliers have an important role in reducing the environmental burden throughout our battery services life cycle.
From this point in time, Battery Service Hub will be requesting all new suppliers to be conducting business in an environmentally friendly manner.
We look to our suppliers to voluntarily understand and address their environmental activities and work with us to achieve our environmental targets. We intend to work with you to address all issues (quality, environmental, technical and commercial) with a view to improvement activities, in order to achieve long-standing partnerships with our suppliers.
Wherever possible, purchasing decisions shall favour:
- Products that reduce greenhouse gas emissions or are made with renewable energy
- Products that reduce the use of toxins hazardous to the environment and employee and public health
- Products that contain the highest possible percentage of postconsumer recycled content
- Products that reduce air and water pollution
- Products that reduce waste
- Suppliers who strive to improve their environmental performance and provide environmentally preferable products, and who can document the supply-chain impacts of their efforts
- Reusable products
- Products that serve several functions (e.g., copier/printers, multipurpose cleaners) and reduce the overall number of products purchased
Environmentally preferable products and services that are comparable in quality and price to their standard counterparts should receive a purchasing preference. In situations where the most environmentally preferable product is unavailable or impractical, secondary considerations should include production methods and the environmentally and socially responsible management practices of suppliers and producers.
The purchase of environmentally preferable products is part of our long-term commitment to the environment.
|Endorsed BSH directors:|
|David Wallace||Tom Coyne||Andrew Riddle|